Thursday, June 28, 2007

Only in Israel.. or maybe Brooklyn

The mailboxes of the building are very easily accessible and we usually find that someone or another has fliered the building with an ad for one thing or another. Yesterday it was weight loss products, today it was this:


For those of you who don't read Hebrew, this is a flier for the "Soldiers of the Messiah" Summer camp. I think there is another translation for the title, like "strength of the messiah", or "waiting patiently, but loudly, for him to come soon so we don't have to pay next month's bills", but I'm not sure of the exact translation. The lower words advertise "trampoline day" and "water park". The subtitle translates "Fun and righteousness for the children of Jerusalem." It's actually fairly cheap, so I can't tell if they are proselytizing or being charitable, but I can tell you that we would never have seen this in Boston.

2 comments:

Gila said...

Moshiach, moshiach, moshiach!
Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon!

Unknown said...

my mom somehow got on a mailing list and gets crazy things that look like that sent to her on Orcas Island. She has no clue how they got her address.