I was on the bus home from Ulpan today and as I was fiddling with my IPod, I noticed the Hasid (black hat ultra religious Jew) next to me was also fiddling with his IPod. I couldn't help but notice that he was listening to Metallica. I guess it takes all kinds.
About the same time I noticed us passing a store selling high-end Italian suits to the ultra-orthodox. All of the promo pictures on the outside has good looking men with beards and black hats, and really, really nice black suits. I could see one of the racks inside through the open door and all the suits were black. I guess the selection is in cut and materials.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been reading 2 blogs faithfully of late. Yours and my friend who is visiting Russia. Both of you are vegetarian, both know some of the language, and both have had interesting encounters with government, locals and people from home. And both of you make me want to travel much much farther than from one end of JP to the other. thank you for giving us insight and updates on your life in Jerusalem.
Love to you all!
Maureen and Rob
Post a Comment