Saturday, June 23, 2007

Jerusalem is a small world

Everyone says so, but it's starting for us.

Yesterday we walked to the Shuk (market) at Mahane yehudah. On the way we ran into my friend Rahel Berkowitz who teaches at Pardes. She and I were in grade school together and reconnected during my visit in March.

At the shuk, we ran into the director of the Ulpan at Hebrew University whom I had met two days prior.

Today at the playground we ran into two of Silvia's classmates (twins) who were there with their mother. We talked a little bit and may have play date next week.

Then Debra heard a man talking English to his daughter so asked him what time it was. We got to talking and it turned out that his wife is a woman who is best friends with someone I know in Boston. And when I was here in March, she and I had an hour long phone conversation about alternative medicine in Israel as she is an osteopath, but we never met, so I didn't recognize her.

That is a small world.

No comments: