Sunday, November 2, 2008

Beach signs

These are a couple of pictures from our vacation.

When we went to the beach at Haifa, I noticed that the signs recommend you drink plenty. specifically, it's best to drink a tall drink with a lemon and a straw, maybe like a daiquiri or something.


But when we were in Herzelia, which is much swankier area, we got slightly different instructions: drink lots of martini's! The Hebrew in both signs reads "have lots to drink", but I guess the graphics get customized for the community. So next time you go to the beach, best make sure you bring the appropriate beverage!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I had to comment on this...did you notice another difference in the signs? The one in Haifa has the little man and woman right next to each other, perhaps even touching. But the one in Herzliya has them way far apart!! Apparently Herzliya is very frum...

Anonymous said...

Also, the man and woman in Haifa have red heads. Perhaps they got sunburned because they were sitting so close together and they got distracted! Or, perhaps that tall drink with a lemon is a long island iced tea.