Yesterday Miriam celebrated Yom Haatzmaut (Independence Day) at her gan. To celebrate this, they asked her to wear blue and white, the colors of the Israeli flag. We got up yesterday morning and I was so happy I remembered that it was blue and white day (Silvia's blue and white day is today). I put on her nice white pants and lovely blue shirt and off we went to gan.
We got there and I looked around at all the other kids who were wearing blue pants and white shirts. Miriam, though I don't think she noticed, was the only one with a blue shirt and white pants. Oy, I thought, the mistakes we new immigrants make!
Today Silvia went off to her school in a white shirt and blue pants, and I was happy to see that all of her Israeli friends were dressed the same. On my way home from dropping her off, we passed a friend of Silvia's, also the daughter of immigrants, in a blue shirt with white pants...
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment