Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Seeing Stars


Orion is my favorite constellation. I love that I can easily recognize a person in the constellation, and on clear nights, I can find Orion's faithful dog trailing along behind him as well. Wherever I travel in the world, I look to Orion in the fall night sky for a familiar friend. Tonight, as I was walking back from the bus stop to our apartment building, I glanced up and saw my friend.

I looked at him, and thought, "this is what my friends halfway across the world are also seeing," and felt connected to all of you. We share so much through our conversations and this blog, and now you know we share the night sky. I find that comforting. Thinking of y'all...

2 comments:

Jeremy Marin said...

I see spots, but that may be because I'm tired.

Unknown said...

Interesting, since I was looking at Orion last night, too, as I walked home from my Zohar class. I was remembering being on the island of Guam many years ago, half-way around the world from Israel, looking at Orion with a friend and fellow-star-gazer.