Sunday, April 6, 2008

Heblish

Silvia and Miriam are sitting by the futon playing with their small connect four set. It's got red and black checkers. Silvie is saying to Miriam, in Hebrew, "בא נשים את כל הלבנים" (Now we put all of the white ones in). I corrected her by saying "כל השחורים" (all the black ones). Shachor (black) in Hebrew is not the easiest word to say for a three and a half year old, so she tries to say it several times and then I say "all the black ones". So she says:

"Black onesבא נשים את כל ה "

I don't know if blogger formated that right: She said the first part of the sentence in Hebrew (Now we put in) and then finished off with the English (the black ones).

I can also say that the rest of their conversation, on both their parts, is in Hebrew! Of course, now that I'm writing out this very cute little bit of Heblish, they've decided that it's much more fun to throw the pieces all over the room... Oy.

1 comment:

Clementine said...

Hi Deb and Aaron,

I'll have to brush up on my Hebrew in order to read your blog, I guess. And by "brush up" of course I mean "learn in the first place".

So how are you guys doing? I tried to post last week or so but I think actually I was on the completely wrong day/month/year so you probably never even saw it! Oh well.

Deb, I sent you an email but I'm not sure if you still have the same email address anymore or not. Hope things are going well.

Love, Sheila