I swear, our kids are out of school more than they are in it. Our family has been flattened by a particularly virulent strain of yukkiness this past week. It started with Silvie and Mim on Friday. (Friday was Miriam's second birthday, by the way!) They both threw up, but we as good parents still packed them up and took a cab to where Phyllis and Sam are staying for a small little family celebration.
Saturday morning, Silvie throws up again. Miriam has a high fever. Silvie throws up again. Miriam still has a fever. My nose is running constantly. Silvie throws up again. You get the picture. I think, all told, Silvie threw up six times. Every time she'd throw up, she'd say, "Mommy, Daddy, I don't think I can go to school today." She also took to carrying around a plastic bowl, "just in case, you know?" Poor thing! She actually seemed to be better by evening, and we sent her to gan on Sunday after she at a hearty breakfast. Kids are resilient.
Unfortunately, Mim had a high fever on Sunday. Very high. We kept her home from pre-school on Sunday. But...Aaron came down with a high fever on Monday and basically couldn't get out of bed. On Monday, I took Mim to the doctor's. Doctor's visits here last no more than 10 minutes. And that is if you stall and ask lots of annoying questions and pretend not to understand. It's a whole new way of practicing medicine, and I'm not too fond of it. "If she has a fever still on Wednesday, take a urine sample" was the best he told me. I took her temp, however, and her fever was gone. (Note: they do not take the child's temperature, weigh the child or give shots at pediatrician's offices in Israel. That is for the "well baby" clinic where you have to pay to go even though medicine is socialized here. Only sick visits are free!)
Both kids are back in school today, but as I write, Aaron is sleeping and still fighting this flu. It's a vicious one.
Israeli viruses are whopping us hard here. But hopefully, eventually, we will acclimate. That is, after all, what we are trying to do anyway!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have the solution for all of your health ailments and Dennis and I now swear by it! My mom introduced us to it and she used to get sick every time she traveled and no longer. Ok are you ready for the magic? It is from www.zand.com and called Insure Immune Support. We buy it in the biggest bottle it comes in. We only take it when we feel something coming on and then until we feel the tickle or onset symptoms have vanished. I usually only remember to take it in the mornings. They make a children's formula but I am lazy or reckless and just give a tiny bit to the kids and so far so good we have all been healthier then ever since early Oct. We usually catch everything that even looks at us. I hope you can get some quick and that shipping isn't too outragious.
-jesica
Debra, are you still reading your email? I just want to make sure the one I sent got to you!
Love reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment