Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A week of Keys

In many ways, this week has been all about my key chain. I started the week with five keys and ended with none.

On Monday, I sold my bike. I included the lock, the so that key went.

On Tuesday, I took out the last of my stuff from the storage room where I kept my bike and gave the key back, with thanks, to the owners of the room.

On Thursday, I saw my last patient. I cleaned out my locker at the office and returned the key.

On Sunday, I collected the mail for the last time, so I hung up the mail box key on the bulletin board for the next owner.

On Monday, today, I locked the apartment for the last time. When we got to the airport, I wanted to throw the key out as there was no one to give it to, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. I took it back to the states with me and when the paperwork all goes threw for the sale of the apartment, I’ll figure out something to do with it then.

No comments: