I went to the bank yesterday. I had about 10 minutes between appointments, and I needed to make a deposit. My heart sank when I walked in - the place was mobbed. The banks here are known for their long lines, so by the door is a number dispenser. I pulled out number 481. I looked up and heard them call number 444. I sighed and looked for a seat. At least I could eat my lunch before I had to go.
I sat down and noticed some crumpled papers on the table in front of me. I didn't give them much thought but pulled out my food. I heard them announce 446, then 447 when no one moved. I had another bite. I got curious and smoothed out the papers. It was number 446. I smiled to myself. If I had just looked at the papers first, I would have been able to do my deposit. As it was, I had to come back the next day and wait another half hour to get it done.
I still haven't learned that one man's trash....
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment