Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Place I won't be shopping

I'm a luddite when it comes to packaging. I prefer no packaging at all if I can help it. Let me bring a bag with me, fill my bag, and then go home and reuse my bag later. All of the plastic waste here is very disturbing, especially in light of the Great Pacific Garbage patch.

I went to the shuk (open market) a few weeks ago and realized that the no packaging thing has to be done right. This is what I saw as I was walking down the aisle:




I'm not sure of the resolution of my phone clearly shows the two pigeons have a snack in the back two bins. The interesting thing off camera was the owner of the stall was just sat idly watching as the pigeons ate.

I think, in the future, this isn't a place where I'll do my shopping!

1 comment:

Mark Goldner said...

You know the Mo Willems book Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus? I see a new one for the shuk: Don't the Pigeon Eat Your Nuts...oh, maybe not for kids.

Kelly